Position Summary: The Head of Product Development is a supervisory role responsible for all product-related matters, includes product vision, product innovation, product design, product development, project management and product marketing.
This job description provides an overview of the responsibilities and should not be considered to be a comprehensive or fixed listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this role.
- Responsible for the Product Development teams for various products and responsible towards the Product Development Board of the company.
- Run the teams for various products development for both mature and early products. Will have various product team leads reporting to you.
- Manage planning, prioritization, specification, acceptance and education processes for all products and product features
- Develop, present and defend the business case and product feature set for new project proposals.
- Evaluate complementary internal and 3rd party products for existing market fit, investment required, opportunity cost, and potential revenue stream to determine priority within existing road map.
- Build and maintain relationships with a large network of technical and non-technical stakeholders in the organization
- Manage the Technical team members in an inspirational manner that ensures their success.
- Comprehensive performance management of the team including hiring, training, active coaching and setting aggressive and realistic objectives.
- Work closely with engineering leadership to engage, motivate, and lead the team towards successful product delivery.
- Work closely with engineering across the product life cycle to document the user journeys in collaboration with the Product Management and Design team, evaluate alternative product and technical solutions to build and operate the platform
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience of relevant industry experience (product/program management, product planning/strategy, software development) and have delivered solutions end-to-end.
- Strategic mindset and a demonstrated ability to see and act within the bigger picture
- Skillful at building consensus and making thoughtful, data-driven recommendations for project / program prioritization, solution design, issue management, risk identification and mitigation
- Must possess excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
- Proven “radar” for recognizing when a given problem or solution needs additional guidance or knowledge available from other technical or non-technical experts in the organization
- Strong experience delivering solutions that delight customers and stakeholders and deliver on the intended value proposition; similarly, experience with helping stakeholders understand when / why a given solution will not deliver the value / results envisioned.
- Active involvement with mentoring product managers and technical program managers at all levels, participating in performance reviews and promotion decisions
- Masterful at cross-functional communication to ensure all non-technical stakeholders have everything needed to collaborate effectively with technical teams
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
|Job Category||Research & Development|