Position Summary: The Product Dev Head for Product is a leadership role accountable for leading the team in research for specific product/s, product enhancements and product redesign. This position requires exercising independent judgment to perform the responsibilities described herein.
This job description provides an overview of the responsibilities and should not be considered to be a comprehensive or fixed listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this role.
- Originate new product/s in concert with customer needs and business model.
- Selects correct design concepts and fundamental technology used for new product or improvement for existing ones.
- Manage a team of software developers, product managers and testers who will be part of the product team.
- Together with the Head of Products Development, responsible to the Product Development Board for the product.
- Oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Manage the software development cycle, including quality and processes. Ensuring adherence to quality standards and DevOps processes.
- Develops and implements methods and procedures for monitoring projects such as preparation of records of expenditures and research findings, progress reports, and staff conferences, in order to inform management of current status of each project
- Plans and formulates aspects of research and development proposals such as objective or purpose of project, applications that can be utilized from findings, costs of project, and equipment and human resource requirements
- Oversees product development amongst a team of individuals, the Product Dev Head will work closely with the Product Management team and the Head of Products Development in order to deliver product that meet customer needs and business models.
- Presents new ideas to Product Management team in order to gain permission to develop product lines
- A minimum of six years in product development, and software product development. Experience of Telecom industry is a plus.
- Experience with Web and Mobile App technologies; and deployment architectures and topologies.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile methodology for product development
- Should have strong design skills so that they can develop effective technical images related to the products they’re creating.
- Investigative abilities are required in order to conduct thorough and accurate market research when evaluating product ideas.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Process orientation; demonstrated ability to develop repeatable processes or improve existing processes in and out of product development
- Project management skills; will have demonstrated the ability to push projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution; will understand how to align resources, seek the input of key constituents, and manage others to achieve desired results.
- Open and collaborative style; must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged
- Energy and enthusiasm; candidates must find the work “fun” and enjoy being accountable and willing to hold others accountable.
- Keeps up to date with changes in the market and technology that would affect new/existing product development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
|Job Category||Research & Development|