Position Summary: The Product Manager is an organizational role responsible to set the strategy, road-map, and feature definition for a product or product line. This position also includes marketing, forecasting, competitive analysis and product positioning. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee.
Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Creating buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Clearly articulate the business value to the product team so they understand the intent behind the new product or product release
- Creates a prototype of a new product in order to iron out flaws in the final design
- Create business proposals and present solutions to prospects and clients. Support the sales teams on RFPs and proposals.
- Provides information for product management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
- Prepares reports on the various procedures that have been tried in order to eliminate methods that are unsuccessful
- Presents new ideas to Product Management team/ Head of Products Development in order to gain permission to develop product lines
- 5+ years’ experience in the fields of software development, project management or product management. Preferred experience in Telecom or software product development.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Sound business concepts and knowledge around product marketing and positioning.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile methodology for product development
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent networking skills, especially with regard to corporate channels and social media
- Open and collaborative style; must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged
- Energy and enthusiasm; candidates must find the work “fun” and enjoy being accountable and willing to hold others accountable.
- Keeps up to date with changes in the market and technology that would affect new/existing product development
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience