Position Summary: The Product Manager is an organizational role responsible to set the strategy, roadmap, and feature definition for a product or product line. This position also includes marketing, forecasting, competitive analysis and product positioning.
This job description provides an overview of the responsibilities and should not be considered to be a comprehensive or fixed listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this role.
- Gain a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth
- Creating buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners
- Clearly articulate the business value to the product team so they understand the intent behind the new product or product release
- Creates a prototype of a new product in order to iron out flaws in the final design
- Create business proposals and present solutions to prospects and clients. Support the sales teams on RFPs and proposals.
- Provides information for product management by preparing short-term and long-term product sales forecasts and special reports and analyses; answering questions and requests.
- Evaluate promotional plans to ensure that they are consistent with product line strategy and that the message is effectively conveyed
- Represent the company by visiting customers to solicit feedback on company products and services
- Prepares reports on the various procedures that have been tried in order to eliminate methods that are unsuccessful
- Presents new ideas to Product Management team/ Head of Products Development in order to gain permission to develop product lines
- 5+ years’ experience in the fields of software development, project management or product management. Preferred experience in Telecom or software product development.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies.
- Sound business concepts and knowledge around product marketing and positioning.
- In-depth knowledge of Agile methodology for product development
- Outstanding communication, presentation and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent networking skills, especially with regard to corporate channels and social media
- Open and collaborative style; must be comfortable working in an environment where ideas are shared and challenged
- Energy and enthusiasm; candidates must find the work “fun” and enjoy being accountable and willing to hold others accountable.
- Keeps up to date with changes in the market and technology that would affect new/existing product development
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
|Job Category||Research & Development|
|Experience||5 Years or Plus|